As per the IDC report, Indian smartphone shipments reached 30 million in Quarter-1 2018 which is 11% YoY growth. As expected Xiaomi retain the No.1 Spot in smartphone category & Reliance Industries in No.1 spot in Feature Phone category, thanks to Jio Phone.
- Xiaomi's Online smartphone segment growth 34.2%(Q4 2017) to 36%(Q1 2018)
- Xiaomi's growth in eTailer shipments from 32% to 53% (in a year)
- In offline segment brands like itel and Tecno performs well by focusing on channel management & After Sales Service
- Flagship Smartphone saw a strong growth of 68%, thanks to Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ with 77% marker share in this segment.
- OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T keep more than 50% share.
- Oppo with 7.4% & Vivo with 6.4% share.
- 4G Feature Phone has seen a more than 50% growth, thanks to Realice Jio Phone.
- Reliance Jio Phone had 38.4% share.
- Samsung had 10.4% share followed by Transsion, Lava, & Micromax.